The 365 Day Challenge

My goal is to create something every day using something from my craft cupboard. I am a self-confessed fabric addict and just love to fossick through thrift shops and find treasures.

So here goes. Live, love, recycle and get crafting.



Saturday, March 31, 2012

Day 12 - A jar of buttons.

When you were little did you love going through an old jar of buttons? Since I've been trying to do my daily craft activity my 2 year old son Aidan has enjoyed playing with a big jar of reclaimed buttons, most of which were part of my Gram's craft cupboard. She passed away last year at the wonderful age of 90 so they have a lot of sentimental value too. One of the wonderful things about this is that my Gram used to sew for us all the time when I was little and I actually remember some of these buttons being on the outfits she made me. Discovering things like this is part of the beauty of my 365 day challenge.

My five year old daughter also enjoys looking at the buttons and spent the afternoon yesterday finding what she called the 'interesting ones'. This inspired today's project. It's a collaboration. It's a top with a bit of a lace collar and lots of buttons sewn on. It's all hand sewing so anyone can do it. The top we just got from Juliet's wardrobe.

Craft cupboard materials.


- assorted buttons
- lace doily/collar

The result is quite striking and makes a plain (and cheap - I think this top was about $3 at best and less) top look a lot more interesting.



Happy camper...

1 comment: