The 365 Day Challenge

My goal is to create something every day using something from my craft cupboard. I am a self-confessed fabric addict and just love to fossick through thrift shops and find treasures.

So here goes. Live, love, recycle and get crafting.



Thursday, March 22, 2012

Day 3 - The happy picture bag.

My daughter Juliet drew this picture of me a couple of days ago standing among some love heart flowers. It made me so happy I wanted to make something out of it.

Craft cupboard materials:
*  An old doona (duvet to some) cover - the good thing about using these is that there is heaps of fabric. Even if you make a mistake you can start again. I might make some lounge pants with this too.
*  Printable fabric - love this stuff
*  The picture


I just scanned in her picture, printed it on the fabric and appliqued it onto the fabric. The bag is just a really simple shopping bag but I lined it with the back side of the doona fabric and put a little contract pocket on the inside.


No comments:

Post a Comment