The 365 Day Challenge

My goal is to create something every day using something from my craft cupboard. I am a self-confessed fabric addict and just love to fossick through thrift shops and find treasures.

So here goes. Live, love, recycle and get crafting.



Sunday, March 25, 2012

Day 6 - Ready, Set, Fire!!!

Today's challenge was one of the most fun things I have ever done with the kids. Everyone should try this if they don't mind a bit of mess. Pro Hart would have been proud.


Craft cupboard materials

- paint
- old bed sheet

I was flicking through a craft book yesterday when I came across an activity where you put water and paint with some detergent in a cup and blow bubbles and then you put paper over the top of the cup to make a bubble effect on the paper. Somehow this afternoon that idea morphed into one of my own. I got three water sprayers  (I think this would also be great with some small water pistols if they had a big enough opening to put some paint) and filled them with water, a squirt of dishwashing detergent and a couple of squirts of paint. Because the paint is watered down too, if you do happen to get it on your clothes it's easy to get out.

All I did was hang an old sheet on our side fence, one advantage of living in the bush, and then it was ready, aim, fire. The kids had so much fun spraying the sheet with paint. I think it was very therapeutic. And fun, fun, fun.



1 comment: