The 365 Day Challenge

My goal is to create something every day using something from my craft cupboard. I am a self-confessed fabric addict and just love to fossick through thrift shops and find treasures.

So here goes. Live, love, recycle and get crafting.



Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Day 8 - Terry Toucan Dangly Thingy

Today a made something tiny. I am calling him Terry Toucan. He hangs from baby Dylan's chair and he can look at him and grab hold of him. I cut this cute bird from an old curtain (previously used to make about 3 pairs of little boys shorts). I then cut the same shape from a scrap of chenille to give a different texture to the back. Inside I put some stuffing but also some cellophane so it makes a bit of a scrunchy sound that babies love so much. It's bright for Dylan to look at and feels and sounds interesting too.

Craft Cupboard materials

- old curtain fabric
- chenille scrap
- velcro
- something scrunchy - I used cellophane




1 comment:

  1. Hi Sharon. I'm one of the editors over at Refashion Co-op and I love what you're doing on your blog. I also run a blog (irishattic.net) where the motto is "living green – reduce – reuse – recycle – refashion – remake". I'd love it if you would like to post a guest post over at Irish Attic. Please contact me at info@irishattic.net if you're interested or have questions.

    ReplyDelete