The 365 Day Challenge

My goal is to create something every day using something from my craft cupboard. I am a self-confessed fabric addict and just love to fossick through thrift shops and find treasures.

So here goes. Live, love, recycle and get crafting.



Monday, April 2, 2012

Day 14 - A skirt to a bag

We are still getting the hang of this end of daylight savings thing, so I was up early this morning and put it to good use.

It's my friend Carly's birthday today. Happy birthday Cags! A year or so ago when I started getting into making lots of things from recycled materials Carly gave me this skirt. She really liked the pattern but the fabric was too sheer and the design quite plain. She thought I might be able to make something out of it.

I decided the fabric suited a little evening bag so I have made her a little clutch for her birthday. I have lined it with a light canvas in a plain pink to give it a bit more weight. I'll pop it in the post. It's very girly and just big enough to have wallet, keys and a lipstick. Hope she likes it. There is still lots of fabric left for another project.

Craft Cupboard Materials

- Old skirt
- little bit of ricrac trim
- Vintage button

Skirt


Clutch bag

No comments:

Post a Comment