The 365 Day Challenge

My goal is to create something every day using something from my craft cupboard. I am a self-confessed fabric addict and just love to fossick through thrift shops and find treasures.

So here goes. Live, love, recycle and get crafting.



Sunday, April 15, 2012

Day 27 - T-shirt + T-shirt = cute skirt

If you've got some old t-shirts you like the design of but don't really wear anymore this could be the solution for you. For me, this project started off with one of my favourite skirts which is made from a sort jersey and just so comfortable. I wanted another one.

Craft cupboard materials

- elastic
- t-shirts


-

Next came this owl t-shirt. I love owls but this was too short so I never wore it. I coupled it with another t-shirt that is a couple of sizes too large because I bought it when I was pregnant with my fourth baby.

I forgot to take photos but I simply cut a paper pattern off the old skirt by drawing around it, and used this to cut a middle panel with the owl tshirt and side panels with the other tshirt. The back of each t-shirt forms the back of the skirt. Then just sew all the panels together, add the band and hem your skirt.

Here is the finished skirt. I added some wide pink elastic I found in my Grandma's old stash but if you have a longer t-shirt you could double some over and make a waist band using the bottom of the t-shirt. I did a little mistake sewing the waistband and learnt not to try to unpick small stitches using my huge dressmaker sheers. OUCH plus bloodstained carpets. Oops.

No comments:

Post a Comment