The 365 Day Challenge

My goal is to create something every day using something from my craft cupboard. I am a self-confessed fabric addict and just love to fossick through thrift shops and find treasures.

So here goes. Live, love, recycle and get crafting.



Monday, April 16, 2012

Day 28 - What to do with old shoes

It's a gorgeous autumn day here and it's best to make the most of it before winter comes along. I'm out in the garden with the boys and thought I'd try this idea. Also, after slicing my finger I'm not sure how much sewing I can manage this week.

 I was at a sustainable living festival recently and saw an old workman's boot used as a planter. I thought it would be fun to do the same thing with some of the kids favourite shoes that are too well worn to hand down but are too small. They will only end up in landfill otherwise.

Didn't really use an materials from the craft cupboard for this but got the shoes out of the shed and I think it's pretty cute. Here are the shoes and my daughter's new window ledge.



No comments:

Post a Comment