The 365 Day Challenge

My goal is to create something every day using something from my craft cupboard. I am a self-confessed fabric addict and just love to fossick through thrift shops and find treasures.

So here goes. Live, love, recycle and get crafting.



Friday, May 4, 2012

Day 46 - 7 days and 7 ways to use an old dictionary - Part 5

I'm not totally sold on these, but I enjoyed doing something different and I don't often do paper craft so it's a good challenge doing it every day for a week. Today I made some paper beads. I've used the plain dictionary pages and then some paper from the little section that is coloured in this dictionary which has world maps.

To make the beads you simply cut long triangles of paper and roll around a stick like a skewer and then glue then end when it's all rolled. Then I put some clear nail polish over the top to make it stronger and water resistant. I might try these with the kids another day.






Here is a link to some amazing ones some other clever person made.

http://www.writtenword.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/paper-bead-jewelry.jpg


No comments:

Post a Comment