The 365 Day Challenge

My goal is to create something every day using something from my craft cupboard. I am a self-confessed fabric addict and just love to fossick through thrift shops and find treasures.

So here goes. Live, love, recycle and get crafting.



Monday, May 7, 2012

Day 49 - Cute girly skirt from Vintage quilt


Day 49 and I finished my dictionary challenge yesterday so am back on the sewing machine for a super quick project. I've made a couple of these little skirts before from a vintage quilt I bought at a market and I think they're really cute.

The quilt I'm using is quite well worn in a few places so I have to pick the right areas to cut, which makes it perfect for making little skirts where you only need a little bit of fabric at a time and can pick and choose.


I like using the fringe around the quilt as a feature, then I have just added some fabric scraps to make a flower, a cute little vintage button, and of course some ric rac. I love ric rac.

The skirt is the simplest design of cutting too sides with a little curve and adding an elastic band to the top.


No comments:

Post a Comment