The 365 Day Challenge

My goal is to create something every day using something from my craft cupboard. I am a self-confessed fabric addict and just love to fossick through thrift shops and find treasures.

So here goes. Live, love, recycle and get crafting.



Saturday, June 9, 2012

Day 82 - Shirt Dress Refashion


Ridiculously, I purchased this shirt dress in the final stages of my pregnancy. I loved the fabric, the dress was on sale, and I had a gift voucher to spend. I was also at the stage of pregnancy where almost nothing I owned fitted and I was reduced to wearing my husband's t shirts. Basically I was not thinking straight and couldn't wait to get 'my body' back.

Once I got back to the stage of being able to wear normal clothes, I pulled this out and discovered it looked absolutely awful on me. It was too big and the style made me look twice my size. Unwearable!  Note to self - shirt dresses are not my look.

This refashion was going to be an alteration but it ended up being a bit difficult as the dress was fully lined and made up of two separate pieces sewn together. I settled on this skirt which is pretty cute.

I unpicked the casing around the middle and removed the elastic, cut off the top, took some fullness out of the skirt by taking it in on each side, and made a new casing and inserted the elastic back inside it.

Any ideas on what to do with the top half? :)




1 comment:

  1. Looks fantastic Shaz. An idea for the top half, you could make a button up vest. Love Lilybellexxxx.

    ReplyDelete