The 365 Day Challenge

My goal is to create something every day using something from my craft cupboard. I am a self-confessed fabric addict and just love to fossick through thrift shops and find treasures.

So here goes. Live, love, recycle and get crafting.



Saturday, June 16, 2012

Day 89 - The 80's part 2 - Acid wash jeans and Choose Life


No trip back in time to the 80's would be complete without acid washed jeans. I attempted to recreate this look today, teaming it up with a 'Choose Life' tshirt, also very popular in the 80's.


Source documents -





















I googled how to make your jeans acid washed and discovered it involved soaking in a bucket of bleach for five minutes and scraping across the denim with stones.

OK - mine came out looking a bit different. More like stone washed jeans, also pretty cool in the 80's. But have a look at the brown that came out when I poured the bleach in. Yuck!

In fact my whole crafting day was a bit of a comedy of errors. Does anyone else have those days?


before
bleaching
after


Then came the tshirt. This required printing onto the transfer paper using the mirror image print setting. My printer appeared to get a little confused. :) Silly me had already ironed it on,


How to fix it??? OK, going to have to do some sewing. Enter the sew-in printer fabric.



And here is a little man completing the look with his acid washed jeans, choose life T and big hair. Oh and he's meant to be looking angry in this photo. Rock on!! Now where is that old ACDC cassette???? :)


No comments:

Post a Comment