The 365 Day Challenge

My goal is to create something every day using something from my craft cupboard. I am a self-confessed fabric addict and just love to fossick through thrift shops and find treasures.

So here goes. Live, love, recycle and get crafting.



Sunday, June 17, 2012

Day 90 - Living in the 80's part 3 - Friendship pins.


A huge craze during the 80's at my school was friendship pins. Little tiny beads were put onto safety pins and given to friends. We used to wear them in a line on our watch bands.

The funniest thing about today's activity is that once I had decided to make them I was looking through my craft boxes for some beads and I realised that these two packets of beads were the ones I had bought during the 80's to make some of these. You can tell how old they are by the price tags. So this is a very authentic 80's experience. I think they used to live in my jewellery box for years and that's how they have escaped being shipped off somewhere.

Juliet loved making them with me this afternoon and she couldn't believe how beautiful they were. Perhaps this will be the next craze to take off with the little girls at her primary school? For a more modern look we decided to hang them on a chain.







No comments:

Post a Comment