The 365 Day Challenge

My goal is to create something every day using something from my craft cupboard. I am a self-confessed fabric addict and just love to fossick through thrift shops and find treasures.

So here goes. Live, love, recycle and get crafting.



Monday, June 18, 2012

Day 91 - 80's flashback part 4 - Swap Card wall mosaic


Swap cards were huge when I was in primary school in the eighties. I still have my swap cards and I love them. I wasn't so much into the swapping part of it - I always thought the ones I bought were the best, but I loved looking at them and arranging them into pairs and groups. Sarah Kay were one of my favourite types.

Hollie Hobby was also pretty huge at the time. Here I am below with my new holly hobbie place mat - which I still happen to have.

To incorporate this into my eighties craft, I decided to make a swap card wall art for my daughter's room using some nice cardboard from my stash and some swap cards.

Here are some of my swap cards in their album (Sarah Kay) and my place mat.



 This is my brother and I back in the 80's when I got this Holly Hobbie place mat for Christmas one year.


Work in progress.



Here's what I ended up with.




No comments:

Post a Comment