The 365 Day Challenge

My goal is to create something every day using something from my craft cupboard. I am a self-confessed fabric addict and just love to fossick through thrift shops and find treasures.

So here goes. Live, love, recycle and get crafting.



Friday, September 21, 2012

Day 186 - Newsworthy nails?


Just for fun today, and after a busy day surviving on no sleep since Mr D refuses to sleep since we returned from Thailand, I decided to try this newsy nails thing.

One of my tweets made tweets of the week in the local paper, so I decided to make it part of my 'art'. Note: I have no nails to speak of, never wear nail polish, and use the term art in an extremely loose fashion. Anyway, here's what I did.

Paint a coat of light pink polish.


Obtain newspaper and cut our relevant section into small nail sized pieces.

Dip nails, one at a time, for about 30 seconds in tequila (bottle has been in cupboard for about 15 years and moved house with us many times, why I do not know, so this was an excellent use for it). Then press newspaper onto the nail as hard as possible for a few seconds before peeling off.


Paint with a clear lacquer. Had trouble getting the camera to focus. Need practice me thinks.



1 comment: