The 365 Day Challenge

My goal is to create something every day using something from my craft cupboard. I am a self-confessed fabric addict and just love to fossick through thrift shops and find treasures.

So here goes. Live, love, recycle and get crafting.



Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Day 191 - Dude pants


Back on the sewing machine again. Yay!

I bought this small woven throw rug / table cloth at an op shop for 50 cents when we still lived in Melbourne, so it must have been more than a year ago. I wanted to make some little pants for little A, who back then was the baby of the family. I finally did it today and they are so cute on him. I'm very happy with the results.

Here's what I started off with, the table cloth is about 1m square, or a little less. I also used an old pair of jeans.


I wanted to use the woven tablecloth for the front and the jeans for the back of a pair of little people pants.

As I decided to keep the fringe for the bottom of the pants, I chose to keep the denim raw on the bottom edge as well, and used a pin to pull out some threads and create a little fringe or frayed look as shown here.


I added a little pocket to the back.


And here are the pants, with the 3 year old model who refuses to stand still and only does 'funny' faces.




4 comments:

  1. I love this refashion. It is vibrant, individual and I especially like the fringing detail. Just gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I seriously love these. I am just trying to figure a way of creating and wearing an adult version without looking too try hard.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You can wear anything as long as you do it with confidence :)

    ReplyDelete