The 365 Day Challenge

My goal is to create something every day using something from my craft cupboard. I am a self-confessed fabric addict and just love to fossick through thrift shops and find treasures.

So here goes. Live, love, recycle and get crafting.



Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Day 204 - The Poppy Tunic


Today I made this tunic from a pattern over at makeitperfect. I made a couple of minor changes to it but basically used the pattern. I cut it out 2 months ago and finally got to the sewing part this morning.

I had a blissful couple of hours of sewing with 2 kids at school, Aidan at his occasional care for 3 hours and Dylan having a little sleep. Haven't had this time and space for a couple of months so I really enjoyed it.

I'd love to thank everyone who voted for Juliet in the Brag Your Best Buys competition and tell you that she won 2nd prize. So thankyou everyone. She did really well.

Here is my poppy tunic. I got the green base fabric and bias binding from a thrift shop and the orange contrasting fabric from spotlight. I think my camera is dead so excuse the dodgy photos. :-(











5 comments:

  1. Three cheers for (almost) kid free sewing time! You've made great use of your time too, your tunic is lovely

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations, Juliet!!! Good job winning second place, you really looked wonderful in that outfit. Tell your mom she did a great job of styling you, ok? Any more sewing in your future?

    Sharon, the tunic is just as cute as it can be. Glad you got some time to yourself...I don't see how you do it with four small kids!!

    Joyce

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Erica and Joyce. Time to self is very precious. Juliet will definitely be doing some more sewing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done Juliet you deserved it! Love your tunic Shaz it looks great.
    Love Lilybellexx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thankyou so much Lilybelle. Hope you are having a wonderful day. x

    ReplyDelete