The 365 Day Challenge

My goal is to create something every day using something from my craft cupboard. I am a self-confessed fabric addict and just love to fossick through thrift shops and find treasures.

So here goes. Live, love, recycle and get crafting.



Monday, November 5, 2012

Day 231 - PJ's for my big boy.


Happy Monday!

Christmas is less than 2 months away now and I want to make some gifts, so I thought I'd get started. I'm going to make PJ' for my kids and 2 of my nephews so this is the first pair. These are for my eldest son Liam. Unfortunately as these are all gifts my usual models will not be diplaying the finished products. Sorry for that.

I found this skeleton silky fabric at the op shop a few weeks ago for $1. It fits in quite nicely with the pirate theme I inadvertently have going. Aye!


I think I can make 2 pairs of PJ bottoms with the fabric that is there. I have also bought a heap of plain coloured tshirts for $3 at Kmart which will form the basis of the PJ tops.

Liam's favourite colour is yellow so he has a yellow shirt, and I just sewed on one of the images from the potato stamped fabric that I also used for the pirate loot bag.


And here are the finished PJs. Fit for a pirate captain me thinks! If you disagree you're nothing but a scurvy dog!

2 comments:

  1. Never wanting to be thought of as a scurvy dog, I do indeed like the pajamas. Liam will love them, I have no doubt.

    You're an education: I had to idea that KMart was international, and was so surprised to read about it on your blog. Do you also have an Aldi grocery store there? I do know that they are international, but I don't know where.

    Joyce

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes we have kmart, target and Aldi. Starbucks too! Although we do prefer our own coffee shops with real coffee. :-) Halloween seems to be becoming a thing here too now.

    ReplyDelete