The 365 Day Challenge

My goal is to create something every day using something from my craft cupboard. I am a self-confessed fabric addict and just love to fossick through thrift shops and find treasures.

So here goes. Live, love, recycle and get crafting.



Thursday, November 1, 2012

Day 227 - An invitation to a very important event.


My baby is turning one soon. I can guarantee this is going to make me quite sad as he begins to lose his babyness and turn into a real little boy. The first year of life is such a magical time. It continues to amaze me how much little people can teach me about life and love, and how each little person can teach you so many new things. Dylan has taught me so much in his first year of life, and given me so many gifts. It's impossible to imagine or remember life before him or without him.

We will be having a little party to celebrate this milestone, so today's craft is working on the invitations.

I decided on a scrapbook approach, so I did some printing, cutting and arranging of felt, lace, paper, photos, buttons and trim.



Then I took a photo of the above, put it into a publisher file and added the text. The censored version below :-). I like the way the colours came out.


The last step was printing these out on photo paper and then using double sided tape to stick them to some coloured cardboard. Where has the year gone?


No comments:

Post a Comment