The 365 Day Challenge

My goal is to create something every day using something from my craft cupboard. I am a self-confessed fabric addict and just love to fossick through thrift shops and find treasures.

So here goes. Live, love, recycle and get crafting.



Friday, December 7, 2012

Day 263 - Nativity Christmas Cards - part 1


Every year I make my own Christmas cards starting with a photo as a base. It all began when I got my dog Ernie back in 2000, and it's always been a lot of fun (for me). But now that we have 2 dogs and 4 kids it's ridiculously difficult to get a photo of them all looking in the one direction. I just have to take what I can get.

This year I decided to do a bit of a nativity scene. I'm not at all religious so it's more of a traditional thing for me and I thought it would be fun.

Costumes were prepared.

Aidan is my angel. One of my old shirts got taken in at the sides and some wings sewn onto the back.


Then a halo was made.

 Joseph was created with a hat I bought many years ago on Zanzibar, and a table napkin.

Mary was created with a doily, an old sheet and a tie from a pair of cut off jeans.

Sheep were made using stuffing from an old pillow which I glued to some old dog costumes.

It's impossible to get Dylan to stay still for more than 30 seconds at a time, so the bed idea quickly went out the window when he tried to launch himself from the bassinet.





See what I mean. Never work with animals or children!!! How about both. Yikes. Cards will be made tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment