The 365 Day Challenge

My goal is to create something every day using something from my craft cupboard. I am a self-confessed fabric addict and just love to fossick through thrift shops and find treasures.

So here goes. Live, love, recycle and get crafting.



Friday, December 14, 2012

Day 270 - Paper gift bags using old magazine pages


Life is pretty crazy in this house at the moment, hence my very short post yesterday. It was a very hot day again, and the Prep students put on their super cute nativity play and we had a picnic dinner at school. We had to cobble together an angel's outfit for Juliet at short notice, and our electricity supply has been problematic due to mice getting in the wall and chewing the wires.

Anyway I will just share a couple of photos of how gorgeous my little angel looked yesterday. The top part of her outfit is made out of a piece of fabric cut from the bottom of my wedding dress before I wore it (a small train that practical me didn't want) and you will recognise the head piece from my Christmas cards with rosettes from my deb dress attached to a gold sequined garter made for a joke many years ago.








I was up and making these at 7 this morning for a party at school for Liam and a playgroup party for the littlies.


And finally, today I have used some old magazines with lovely prints on them to make some paper gift bags which are going to be used as treat bags for Juliet's birthday party tomorrow.

Here are the pages.

And the bags, which came out looking quite lovely. I made them by pulling apart a gift bag we had at home and simplifying the design a little.


3 comments:

  1. Juliet looks great in her cobbled together angel costume. The bags are gorgous...and so clever. The treats look good, too...did I see strawberries? YUM!

    Ok, now, listen, you need to do something about that wiring. Critters chewing on electrical wires can cause fires. You don't want to lose your home...and possibly more. Get an exterminator to get rid of the critters, and then get the wiring re-done. Sigh...yeah, I know: It will cost a small fortune to do all that, but you need to make sure the house is safe for you and your family, Sharon.

    Joyce

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes strawberries are yummy this time of year. We even have some in our garden but you have to be quick to beat the birds to them.

    Thanks Joyce. The professionals are coming back again on Monday. Too scared to think about the cost!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good, I'm glad they're coming to do something about the wiring. I know it's going to cost a bundle, but yeah, it's really scary, bless your heart!

      Delete