The 365 Day Challenge

My goal is to create something every day using something from my craft cupboard. I am a self-confessed fabric addict and just love to fossick through thrift shops and find treasures.

So here goes. Live, love, recycle and get crafting.



Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Day 302 - Beetles and butterflies bag.


Juliet has gone off to another birthday party. There is nothing like a time constraint to get me going, so I made a little bag for the birthday girl this morning.

I chose these fabric scraps. Butterflies and beetles.






And just made a simple, lined rectangle bag. To save time making straps, and because the colours suited so well, I used these shoelaces as bag straps. I also did something I have never done before and instead of tucking in the lining and outer fabric at the top I folded the lining out to the outside and sewed it down so that some of the lining is showing, giving the bag a nice contrast.



No comments:

Post a Comment