The 365 Day Challenge

My goal is to create something every day using something from my craft cupboard. I am a self-confessed fabric addict and just love to fossick through thrift shops and find treasures.

So here goes. Live, love, recycle and get crafting.



Sunday, February 17, 2013

Day 335 - Lace and book page bunting


Last week the kids had their 140 years celebrations at school which went wonderfully well. The kids loved dressing up and they looked fabulous. They also all got to spend some time experiencing a classroom with old desks and slate boards, and lessons as they would have been back then. The week concluded with a fun bush dance and there will be some other events going on later in the year I think. Here are a couple of photos I took of them before they went off the school in their outfits.





Today I have made some more book page bunting, this time sewing it to some lace from my stash of inherited lace.

I found this book in an op shop and just fell in love with the illustrations. They are so quirky.




It was then just a case of choosing some of the similarly sized pictures, cutting them out and sewing them to the lace.





There are a couple of larger images that I would like to frame at a later date too.

3 comments:

  1. The kids look great in those costumes you made for them, and I still love the way you've colored the photos in that sepia color, so very *old-timey* looking!

    I also like the clever book page bunting with the lace.

    The bookshelf for the craft area. Let me tell you, Sharon, you can get it all organized, all straightened up, know where everything is, and then you realize one day that, dang!! It's all topsy turvy again! My art room does that to me, and I have no clue how it happens. It just does, lol.

    Joyce

    ReplyDelete
  2. The kids look adorable and the bunting is sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Joyce. And yes, I know it will get crazy again, but hopefully not as crazy as it is now.

    Thanks Mezzy.

    ReplyDelete