The 365 Day Challenge

My goal is to create something every day using something from my craft cupboard. I am a self-confessed fabric addict and just love to fossick through thrift shops and find treasures.

So here goes. Live, love, recycle and get crafting.



Saturday, February 23, 2013

Day 341 - Homemade playdough

Today we made some homemade playdough with a little bit of lavender from our garden and made some playdough creations.

Here is my playdough recipe for great playdough.

Mix a cup of flour, half a cup of salt, 2 tablespoons of cream of tartar, 2 tablespoons of oil, 1 cup of water, food coloring and a small handful of lavender together.

Stir over heat until it thickens and rolls into a ball.

Smells good, feels amazing and provides hours of entertainment. Even my almost 8 year old loves it.

Then we made our own creation that we call Mr P-Playdough head. He's as cute as a button!

Aidan has also been regaling me with tales of the good old days when 'we all used to be octopuses'. he has drawn a self portrait of himself as an octopus and I recently found out that I used to be a pink octopus as recreated below. Love the way his mind works. I have always thought of him as an old soul so perhaps he is right. ;-)

We then had a picnic in the bush out the back of our house and these are our instagram entries for this weekend's hash tag project #whpleanwithit. The idea is to take a photo of people imitating leaning or funny shaped trees.




















No comments:

Post a Comment