The 365 Day Challenge

My goal is to create something every day using something from my craft cupboard. I am a self-confessed fabric addict and just love to fossick through thrift shops and find treasures.

So here goes. Live, love, recycle and get crafting.



Friday, March 1, 2013

Day 347 - Adventures with wee ones


This week has been a strange one. Some sad news for me, but also some miraculous rain. After 7 months without it, the sky finally opened up, and how excited we all were about it. Since we survive on tank water only, we are well aware of water conservation and just a couple of weeks ago needed to get some water trucked into our property to fill our tanks. The rain brought with it a beautiful sound on our tin roof, the smell of the damp Aussie bush, and best of all, muddy puddles to splash in.

Here's some of the fun we've been up to.







Aidan and I decided to make this little house and garden for the fairies and woodland folk who live up the back of our property. You can spot them if you look carefully enough.



The 2 little boys and I went to Melbourne yesterday to visit my Nan who is unfortunately quite ill in hospital. While we were there it seemed a sin not to visit an op shop, and Aidan chose these adorable bubba cino (espresso) cups which we got for $4. How cute are they? He does love his cinos.

This inspired me to create a home corner in the lounge room for a bit, with old sheets, pillow cases, ribbons and lace, boxes etc. It was a definite hit!









I had a box with some lace and ribbons to play with and I just love what Juliet did with it.


2 comments:

  1. I'm sorry your Nan is in hospital, and hope she recovers quickly and comfortably...Prayer has been sent. By "Nan," is that short for Nanny, as in your grandmother? If so, I had a Nanny, also, so I know how special grandmothers are.

    Joyce

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Joyce. Yes she's my Nanny and grandmother. She's my last surviving grandparent. Thanks for your prayers. She is not in any pain and is surrounded by lots of family. s

      Delete