The 365 Day Challenge

My goal is to create something every day using something from my craft cupboard. I am a self-confessed fabric addict and just love to fossick through thrift shops and find treasures.

So here goes. Live, love, recycle and get crafting.



Sunday, July 15, 2012

Day 118 - Neck warmer / Mini Scarf


My inspiration today comes from the frosty mornings which have been fairly common around where I live recently. I have really enjoyed these crisp starts to the day, listening to the crackle of the melting frost as the morning sun melts the ice. I'm not usually a person who enjoys the cold, but the simple beauty of this has inspired me and somehow made me feel more alive.




I still had some of the cable knit sweater left from my earlier project (sweater pants) http://365crafty.blogspot.com.au/2012/07/day-116-sweater-pants.html so I decided to make a mini scarf or neck warmer. Not really sure what you call these things?

I started off by cutting a strip off the bottom.




Then I sewed the strip into a tube by folding it in half and sewing along the length, then sewing each end closed.


Then I just added some cute buttons, of course.




No comments:

Post a Comment